CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, April 29, 2011

Dealing with OCD

About a week ago, Manuel and I decided to invite some friends over for dinner! It was really nice to be able to visit and let the kids run around downstairs and play!! We used to have friends over all the time until we moved to Grandview.  I think the real reason why we didn't really have anyone over anymore was because I am such a freak, and everything has to be soo perfect.  Well, I'm finally getting over it and realizing that in order to get through this problem that I have, I just have to let it happen. (Does that even make sense?) Anyhow, so while we had them over I just let the dishes sit so that I can enjoy my company.  My dear friend offered to help out with dishes but I just couldn't let her help.  I just kept thinking to myself that "if I want to fix this OCD that I have that I just gotta let them sit."  It finally got to the point that our friends had to leave and of course like always all I could think about was those darn dishes that I needed to clean up.  So as I'm heading in to the kitchen to clean them up, Manuel calls me to the other room.  He's says "Lish, just come sit down and relax with me and just let the dishes be until morning." When he says this, I was like "ummm.... don't know if I can do that." So to make him happy, I just sat down and relaxed.  It was kinda nice to be able to just relax instead of doing those dishes! But let me tell you, all I could think about was doin' those cotton pickin' dishes (my head shaking side to side)! I kept talking to myself saying "I can do this."  When it came time to go to bed, I wanted sooo bad just to do those dishes, but I just ignored them and went to bed! Oh that's not it, I didn't just go to bed, I swear I was just laying there just thinking about those dishes! (By this point you guys probably really think I'm crazy!) After fighting with myself over and over again, I finally got to sleep! The next morning I woke up and much to my surprise the dishes were still there (I thought for sure I was gonna wake up and end up doing them in my sleep)! "I did it, I did it" I told myself! "I let the dishes sit" jumping up and down! Here's the proof! 




So I think that I'm getting better and go about my morning and get the girls ready for school and send them off.  Then I finally get to those dishes! I just couldn't believe that I actually did this.  Then as I'm doing the dishes, I find my self doing them in a certain order.  I first do all the silverware, then the bowls, then the plates, then the cups and so on.  "Seriously Alisha, what are you thinking" I thought to myself.  Not only that, I found myself even color coding them.  Man do I have a problem lol!



Needless to say, I finally got the dishes done and put away!





Oops, forgot to put the bib away!



There, all better!!


So, as you can see, I do have OCD.  But I'm working on it okay!!


3 comments:

  1. I know exactly what you mean. I'm the same, however, I would have let the dishes sit and after company left then I would have HAD to do them and make my kitchen clean. I couldn't have gone to bed with them there. Hahaha. I think most of us have some OCD large or small. Your kitchen looked nice and spotless, by the way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a great dinner! It was a really fun evening. Thanks for having us over. Although after five star service like that we are going to have to come up with some better food for when we have you guys over. By the way the mole was good and the family enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Alisha!!! I had to overcome the same problem. I am sure that Amanda has told you stories about how bad I was. The more children I've had the better I've gotten at it. It still bugs me sometimes but I know that these kids of mine need to learn to do them. I even catch my kids color coding things and cleaning like I do. The other day I caught ryan vacuming in the corners and along the edges in every room. I also saw Rebekah wiping down the walls. LOL!

    ReplyDelete